Saturday, October 20, 2018

Hope for our nation...

Our nation is divided right now. Men vs women, white vs black,rich vs poor, conservative vs liberal, Trump supporters vs everyone else. I still believe that we can be "one nation under God". I am praying for and seeking unity. The place of unity is always the place of power. I watch football every week right now and we see that when a team plays well together that their chance of winning go up dramatically and we all know that winning is why we play the game. The real problem is that we want to win so badly that we overlook the fact that we are hating each other. Don't excuse hatefulness, or being mean. My parents taught me that if I couldn't say something good about a person then I shouldn't say anything at all. This would help us a lot today. Our conversations today would be a lot more peaceful and our homes would be more peaceful. The bible says "How good and how pleasant it is when brethren dwell together in unity." Let's begin to use our words to bless and to build up. I believe that when we begin to use our words in this way then our nation can be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment