Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Me or We

I was eating breakfast this morning at Waffle house and I heard two people talking about a failing relationship. One of the people talking had just experienced a painful divorce after only being married for three years. The older woman said "do what makes you feel good after all in the long run that is what we all do." I have been married to the same woman for almost 42 years and if I've learned anything over the years it's that God never intended life to be all about me. Too many of us spend years trying to make ourselves happy but never find it.That kind of thinking leads to divorce not a happy home. When we are just focused on our own happiness we are sure to end up on the rocks. A good marriage is built more on we than me. If you listen to people on the road to divorce you'll hear them talk all about the other person. They didn't do this or they wouldn't do that. What the other person said or what they did to me. A really happy marriage is much more about WE than it is about ME. A really great life is spent focused more on others than on me. As long as I am the center of my life my world is much to small and of little consequence. When you begin to spend more time thinking about helping others then your life will begin to grow. When we get married our world becomes more about we, than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment