Thursday, August 8, 2013

Encourage Others

When you are battling with disease and hopelessness you can't afford to keep you on your mind.  I was diagnosed with P.D. twenty months ago and then had a heart attack and surgery in March, but we will not allow our lives to be defined by this alone.  Our lives should be marked, instead, by purpose.  When you lose the ability to see your purpose, then you begin to just drift through life.

We live in a world that is very self consumed, but we can be different.  Every day that I wake up I can choose to focus on myself or on others.  This morning we went to visit some friends who live 90 minutes from our home.  The wife of this couple just got home from the hospital last night and we wanted to spend some time loving and encouraging them.  My wife is at lunch visiting with another friend who is struggling with some real financial troubles in their home.

No matter what we are going through right now there are people who are going through worse situations.  Hebrews 10:25 nlt tells us to "encourage one another."  Encouraging others changes my focus and connects me with purpose.  This is just one way to battle disease and hopelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment