Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Incurable

Incurable is a word I have heard a lot in the past 2 years.  Lot's of men and women with Phds on their walls have told me that my medical condition is incurable but we have to realize that incurable is just a word.  It's just another way to say "not yet."  But it is not the same as never.

The Bible tells a story in Mark 5 of a woman with a blood disease for years , had spent all of her money on doctors, and yet still wasn't getting better.  I'm sure she had heard the word "incurable" many times, but when she touched the hem of Jesus garment she was made whole.

 I believe that this isn't just a story, but something that really happened. Incurable was not the last word of her life.  She won her battle and apparently went on to live a fruitful life.

If you have been told that you are facing something that is incurable, don't give up.  Incurable doesn't have to be the last word in your book.  Some people think that I am just an incurable optimist, but I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment