Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Isolation

We had a dog that has been with us out on our farm for many years.  His name was Barkley and our entire family loved him very much.  My wife used to joke about him that he looked like he was put together with spare parts.  He was a loyal and important part of our lives and we hated it when he got sick.

We knew that he was sick because he crawled up under the edge of our shed and wouldn't come out.  Ever since I was diagnosed with P.D. I have had to fight this same tendency because there are times when I just want to stay holed up at home. I have to continually remind myself that isolation is my enemy.

When you want to build a fire you have to stack a lot of wood in a pile because the fire will go out if the wood is scattered.  You can't keep the fire of hope burning if you spend too much time alone so get up and get out today.  Keep interacting with people and you will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment