Monday, June 17, 2013

Excuses

The longer I work out the healthier I get.  My weight has finally dropped significantly after being stuck on the north side of 205 lbs for years.  I once weighed 265.  It seemed like I would never get below 200 until I finally put a healthy diet together with consistent exercise.  For years I would excuse a lack in the one because of improvement in the other.  When I was getting in good workouts I could allow myself more liberal eating habits, and when I ate healthy I could workout less.

It wasn't until I really put those two things together that my weight began to really drop.  Today I weigh 177 most mornings, and I check every morning at 6:30 am.  I had to come to the point where I finally quit making excuses for myself.

I went to a funeral last week.  It was a person I have known for nearly 15 years who had been unhealthy for a long, long time.  They found it very difficult to get serious about losing weight and getting healthy.  I have met people who very overweight but still eat at McDonalds while complaining about their inability to lose the extra pounds.  It's like someone with diabetes who still drinks coke and eats desserts, but just takes a bigger dose of insulin.  That is a good recipe for early decline in your physical condition.  Eventually it can become too late to change anything.

So if you are reading this blog today it's probably not too late.  So change your diet, and begin to exercise.  Lose weight, get healthy and enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment