Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Why commercial advertising lies to us

There are so many commercials today that promise you an easy way to lose all of those extra pounds.  They promise that you can have six pack abs in just 4 weeks.  Buy these meals, and you'll lose weight fast. The quick weight loss diet. Guaranteed weight loss. You've heard them all before.  They are all lies that we want to believe because we know in our hearts that we are carrying too much weight and that it is making us very unhealthy. I heard this morning that obesity is quickly overtaking heart disease as the number one health crisis in America. I have been moderately overweight for almost all of my adult life and as a result I had quadruple bypass heart surgery 10 weeks ago.

After all the new diet books I have purchased over the years I am sure of only a few key facts. The reason advertisers lie is because they want you to send them your money.  They don't care about you at all, only about your wallet.  The second thing I know is that there is no easy way to lose weight but gaining weight is sure easy.  The third thing I'm sure of is it takes a combination of healthy eating and exercise to loose weight.  This is the truth and I won't make any money if you believe it. Now go live a healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment