Saturday, June 22, 2013

Have some fun

Yesterday my wife Cindi and I went on a 6 mile bicycle ride over the noon hour.  Now that might not sound like much of a feat but I am 58 years old and went through quadruple bypass heart surgery just a few months ago.  So it felt good to finish the ride and it is good exercise.  I generally go to the club every day to work out but I find that it is really good to break up the routine from time to time.  It's fun to ride a bike, particularly with my wife.  She's like a little kid all over again riding for the first time and that makes it fun for me as well.  Exercise is a vital part of regaining my health but it can get boring if you just do the same thing every day.  We are going on vacation next month so I'm sure that there will be lot's of long walks on the beach and maybe some hikes in the mountains.  We are always on the lookout for a fun physical activity.  Getting healthy can go a long way toward strengthening your marriage if you will share the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment