Tuesday, June 11, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

"You get what you pay for" is a statement that I've heard all of my life but I am beginning to see this truth more clearly since my open heart surgery 10 weeks ago.  Joining a club and exercising for 2 hours 5 days a week is not an easy path to walk.  Giving up meat, dairy, and processed foods sometimes makes me think I've fallen off the deep end.  I even read the labels on food at the grocery store now.  Eating healthy food is not an inexpensive process.  I've never spent this much money buying books about healthy living, but I know that I have a lot to learn, and I'm on a quest to reclaim my health while there is still time. Here is what I learned while I was laying in the hospital recovering from open heart by-pass surgery.  Poor health is a lot more expensive than good health.  I would rather spend the money to buy new running shoes than paying doctor's bills.

So break out your wallet and buy a new bicycle, or a membership to the health club.  Spend some money on workout gear, and tofu.  After all you will eventually get what you pay for.  Join me on the journey and I welcome your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment