Friday, July 19, 2013

A way to eat that works

If you are looking for a way of eating that will help you loose weight and reverse the impact of heart disease try a plant based diet. This past January my wife and I gave up eating meat, dairy products, oils, and processed foods.  Suprisingly I don't miss the meat.  I thought it would kill me to give up meat but it turns out that meat was killing me.  I no longer eat food through a window, and I have lost over 30 pounds.  The weight has stayed off as well and many of my health indicators have improved remarkably.  My blood sugar readings are down on a daily basis, as is my cholesterol. Keeping my weight in check is not a struggle because this is not a diet it's a lifestyle change.  I didn't set out to loose weight it just went down until I reached 175 and it just hovers between 175-178 on a daily basis so I think I must be near my ideal weight.  My goalis to get healthy and to reverse the impact that heart disease has had on my life.  I would actually like to go off of most of the medications I've been on for way to long.  I don't have all the answers for your health, in fact I'm not sure I even know all of the questions.  This one thing I know. I have found a way of eating that is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment