Friday, July 5, 2013

Holliday's?

Most of us lose the battle with food on the holidays, but that's allright.  It's not so bad to fall down as long as you don't stay down.  I ate some food that I didn't need yesterday as I was celebrating the fourth of July.  Cheese brats, corn salad (not too bad) and home made strawberry ice cream as well as a cupcake. This was not a healthy meal by any measure but I was with my family and they aren't all on a the same new healthy life diet I am living.  No one wants to be the stick in the mud at a party, me included.

Here is the key.  I got up this morning and ate a healthy breakfast, and just finished 2 hours at the gym. I'm feeling fairly good again and I will continue to eat healthy as the week goes on.  We have discovered on this journey to regain my health that it's what you do day in, day out that really makes the difference.  If you eat healthy 98% of the time you won't put on pounds for the 2% of poor eating.  This holds true especially if you maintain a consistent exercise routine.  It's what you do on a daily basis that really matters.  Even the most disciplined life needs to splurge occasionally.  The reason this often does us in is when we feel so guilty when we fall that we just stay down thinking we will never win.  You can win this battle.  Remember one thing every time you fall down, and that is to simply get up.  Don't beat yourself up, just get up and get moving again.  You'll never become perfect, but you can get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment