Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Two Are Better

Ecclesiastes 4:9 nlt  "Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed."

Over this last 18 months I have survived a devastating diagnosis...Parkinson's disease and the challenges associated with fighting this at the young age of 58, the sale of our farm (161 acres with horses), giving up my long term dream of Pastoral ministry, a heart attack followed by open heart quadruple bypass surgery. In the midst of all of this turmoil I have managed to drop 35 lbs, lower my blood pressure, and my cholesterol.  While I  continue to battle the effects of Parkinson's I am healthier in some ways than I have been in 10-15 years.  One of the major keys to my survival of and overcoming of these many health challenges is my loving wife Cindi.  She has encouraged me to keep working, to keep believing and to never lose hope that I will eventually, by the grace of God, overcome this all.  If you have a good wife who believes in you then there is almost nothing that you can't accomplish.  She has been my greatest fan, my greatest supporter, and my greatest friend through all of this.  Solomon was right when he wrote those words so many years ago...Two are better than one.  I am so grateful for the wonderful woman who has walked by my side for over 36 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment