Monday, July 1, 2013

Real change

Change that matters comes slowly over time.  I'm telling you this because it is true and there are a lot of people on the radio, television, and the internet who are lying to you.  There is no easy way to lose weight and get healthy.  There are ways to lose weight quickly but none of them are permanent.  I've watched Oprah Winfrey on TV for decades and I've seen that woman lose hundreds of pounds over and over again.  In the end all of those pounds seem to have come back and I feel sorry for her because she has lived through it all very publicly but at least she has been well compensated.

There is always a new quick weight loss diet.  Maybe I'll publish a book later this year called "Dan's guaranteed slow weight loss, return to good health plan."  It's very simple really.  Just start moving your body with exercise of some type for 30 minutes 5 days a week.  Then begin to eat a healthy diet by giving up meat for at least 6 months.  No dairy or processed foods, and eliminate all sugar forever.  Then look for ways to simplify your life, and instead of spending all of your waking hours chasing money, invest your time in real relationships with real people and not facebook friends.

So here's a great idea.  You can just send me ten dollars now and I won't have to write the book.  My plan is slower, but this plan works and the changes will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment