Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A wonderful discovery

I have made a wonderful discovery.  Ever since we began to change to a healthier plant based diet I have found that eating is not boring.  Most diets are boring because you only eat the same things over and over again, but we don't do that.  My wife and I are on the lookout every week for new recipes for healthier foods.  I have discovered that nearly any breakfast tastes better with blueberries. and that there are dozens of ways to make a healthy version of nearly anything.  I love chili and Cindi has discovered a three bean chili that really excites my tastebuds.  We have always enjoyed veal marsala, and she has uncovered a recipe for mushroom marsala that we have fallen in love with.  We have begun to enjoy a tofu stir-fry that I could eat anytime, and I have rediscovered vegetable pizza that is great.  We also eat some great and unique salad's.  Last night we ate a pasta salad that was made with whole wheat pasta, grapes, and chick pea's.  It had a sauce that was made with terryaki and yogurt, and I couldn't get enough of it.

Healthy eating does not have to be boring, and it is not super-expensive either.  I am losing weight without going hungry.  Check out the engine 2 diet by Rip Esselstyn.  It is a 28 day diet that can save your life and help you loose pounds.  It has changed the way we eat forever and so far I've lost a little over 30 pounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment