Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Celebrating independence?

I have a new view on the fourth of July this year.  I have been celebrating this holiday all my life and I've celebrated our independence here in America, but it is taking on a new perspective to me this year because for the first time since college years ago I am becoming free of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar and free from carrying 35 pounds that were slowly destroying my life.  I didn't just prefer some foods, I was in bondage to them.  There were years that I was addicted to gummy bears (sounds crazy, huh) and fast food.  There was a day when I wouldn't get started without an everything bagel and cream cheese.  I spent 25 years travelling on the road 4 nights a week and my appetites went totally out of control.  The only question I asked every night was what kind of food was I in the mood to eat.  My freedom to choose became the source of my obsession.

This year I am down to 177 and becoming more free every day.  My health is improving and I am finding the ability to choose healthy foods every day.  I am celebrating this newfound freedom and doing it with much more energy.

But here's the secret I've come to know.  We can all be free.  We don't have to continue to make bad choices about what we eat, how much we exercise, and if we are going to take any leisure time in our lives.  Don't believe the lie that you are stuck, because you can lose weight and get healthy.  By this time next year you could be celebrating a newfound freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment