Tuesday, July 23, 2013

You Need a Team

I visited my doctor yesterday and found out that my blood pressure is in the healthy range again.  I tested out at 130/78 and was very relieved.  High blood pressure is a very dangerous condition that the doctors call the silent killer.  It is silent in that there are no symptoms that generally tell you it is high.  Two weeks ago I felt like my body was warning me that I had a problem and so I tested my blood pressure and found out that I was 50 points higher than normal.  I am much more alert to what my body is saying today because the last time I ignored warnings I ended up with a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery.  Apparently if you hold your breath when lifting weights your blood pressure can spike up to stroke levels.  So I have made some adjustments to my workout routine and temporarily increased a medication to get my blood pressure back under control.  I am feeling much better about everything since seeing the doctor yesterday.  Getting healthy really is a team effort and you need a good doctor on your team.  If you don't have one, get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment