Monday, July 22, 2013

Getting started

The hardest part about a daily exercise program is getting started.  Once you have determined that you need a program you need to start immediately.  If you haven't read "Younger next year", by
Chris Crowly I would highly recommend it.  This will give you a foundation in the "why" we need to exercise and once you really understand the why, then the how will become easy.  I am including a link to his web site in this post.     http://www.youngernextyear.com/      Once you have gone several weeks in a row you won't believe what a difference it makes.  You will never experience permanent weight loss if you don't begin to move your body.  Once you get beyond 50 your metabolism really begins to slow down without us really noticing the change.  Exercise will really kick start your metabolism and your body will burn calories even when you are resting.  Having a set routine every day makes it easier for me to continue because I don't have to think up what to do every day, and I even have planned variety every week.  I ride a bicycle with my wife for 6 miles at least once a week so I can combine fun with my exercise.  I know that I am becoming a workout nazi because I even exercised this past week while I was on vacation.  Once you really get into it your exercise will develop momentum that you don't ever want to loose but the hardest part is getting started so start small.  Find a time where you can fit in a 15 minute walk on a daily basis and then just do it for 2-3 weeks.  After that you can gradually increase your workouts.  It doesn't matter if you can't yet run a marathon, just get started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment