Monday, July 29, 2013

Go slow

I went to the doctor last week because of a spike in my blood pressure.  I've recently had some high readings because of my weightlifting program.  I didn't know that maxing out could cause my blood pressure to spike but it can.  While there I asked my doctor about my ideal weight because I've already lost over 35 pounds since January and I am searching for the stopping point.  My weight loss has tapered off but not stopped completely.  She gave me some good advice that day that I am really trying to live by.  She told me to "go slow."  This is good advice and what I want to say to all of us today.  Go slow.  Weight that you loose quickly is easily regained.  Weight we lose slowly is much more likely to be permanent so don't get discouraged if you haven't lost a lot of weight yet.  If you are no longer gaining weight then you are going the right direction.  Just keep focused on becoming healthy and start moving.  You will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment