Monday, July 8, 2013

It's hard, but possible.

Losing weight is hard.  Many people are telling us that it can be quick, easy, rapid, and done in just a few weeks but take it from someone who spent most of my adult life as much as 80 pounds overweight it's not easy or quick.  When I was in my mid-thirties I was all the way up to 265 and now at 58 I am down to 177.  I believe that I have an important message to share with many hopeless and discouraged people in America today.  Losing weight is never quick or easy but it can be done.

Doctors tell us that losing weight once you are in your 50's is particularly difficult because your metabolism slows down so much, but I have done the lion share of my weight loss over these past 6 to 8 months, and I won't consider it permanent until I have maintained the weight loss for at least a full year.  Yo yo weight loss is very bad for your health long term but very common in our culture today.

So whether you are young or not so young please take courage from my story.  You can lose weight if you really want to bad enough.  If you really want it you'll get radical, and when you get radical the pounds will come off.  They will never leave quickly enough, but they will leave and you will get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment